Want to compare home insurance deals & earn cashback?

Compare Cheap Home Insurance Quotes Online & Get Cashback

Compare cheap home insurance quotes with TopCashback Compare and get £33 cashback when you switch to a better policy. It’s simple to compare the cheapest rates, all at once.

Your new favourite comparison site


Get quotes from 50+ home insurance providers


Compare prices, features & the cashback you'll get


Switch provider and get cashback in your account

Use our home insurance comparison tool to find the cheapest or best value package for you. You’ll find home insurance quotes from the 50+ of the best providers, all with cashback when you switch.

While other comparison sites can save you a chunk of change, they keep the money they receive from home insurance providers. We pass the money we earn straight to you, as cashback, meaning that you’ll save even more.

Plus, you’ll gain access to our fantastic shopping cashback offers at more than 5,000 popular brands.

Just a few of our home insurance comparison providers

Our members earned £XXX+ so far this year from switching home insurance provider through TopCashback

What is home insurance?

Home insurance covers the cost of emergency repairs to your home. The policy typically covers the cost of repairing damage due to fire, lightning, other natural disasters, as well as damage or losses from vandalism or theft. 

More specifically, buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing damage to your building while contents insurance covers the cost of replacing stolen or damaged items.

Do I need home insurance?

As a homeowner:

It's not a legal requirement such as with car insurance, but 75% of homes in the UK do take out a home insurance policy.

Your mortgage provider may insist that you take out a home insurance policy, but if not then you could consider your situation and the risks you are likely to face, but in particular consider the value of your belongings and the building.

If you are far from a water source, you may be unlikely to experience water damage (which is the most common cause of claims) but you may still experience a break-in, fire or other damage.

Your home could experience accidental damage in a number of unexpected ways and could cost hundreds or thousands to repair, so many people do prefer the peace of mind knowing that they are covered if anything does happen.

As a tenant / renter:

You won't need buldings insurance, but you may still want to consider contents insurance. There is no legal requirement to get any kind of insurance, but contents insurance will cover the replacement cost of any of your belongings which are stolen or broken.

As a landlord:

You should consider buildings insurance, as accidental damage to the building itself is your responsibility to fix. Should a tentant cause significant damage, or should a natural disaster occur, the cost to repair your building could be in the thousands if you do not have buildings insurance to cover it.

Which policy is right for me?

You can choose either buildings or contents insurance, or a combined policy of both together.

Buildings Insurance

  • Covers the cost of repairing the building itself (walls, floors and so on) as well as any permanently fitted aspects of the home, such as the kitchen and bathroom
  • Good for homeowners and landlords

Contents Insurance

  • Covers the cost of replacing damaged or stolen belongings, from your prized vinyl collection to your computer and jewellery.
  • Good for homeowners, tenants and landlords with furnished rentals

Combined Home Insurance

  • Covers the cost of repairing or replacing all of the above and may be cheaper than buying those separately.
  • Good for homeowners and landlords with furnished rentals

Save money on your home insurance by switching through TopCashback Compare, plus get £33 cashback on top

Home Insurance FAQ

Need some help with knowing what home insurance you need or anything else? Our home insurance FAQs will answer all of your most pressing questions and help you to get the best insurance quote to suit you.

  • Is home insurance mandatory?
  • How much is home insurance?
  • What does home insurance cover?
  • How soon can you claim?
  • Does home insurance cover roof leaks?
  • Does home insurance cover boiler issues?
  • Does home insurance cover damp?

Frequently asked Questions

  • What is TopCashback Compare?
  • How long will it take for my cashback to track?
  • Will cashback be deducted from the total I pay?
  • Can I purchase over the phone and still earn cashback?

See all related FAQs

Top rated - what people say

Join Free Now
Join our millions of members and earn money back when you shop online and in-store.
By joining you agree to our terms & conditions and privacy policy